Polk County Family Health Benefits Counseling assists individuals and families in accessing health care financing, programs,
benefits and supplements such as Medical Assistance, WIC, Social Security and Disability, WestCap programs, among others, through outreach, counseling and advocacy. Services are provided by staff
extensively trained in Medicaid benefits.
Please call 715.485.8400 to schedule an appointment.
Services provided include:
- Assisting individuals and families to apply and access public benefits such as:
- Medical Assistance
- BadgerCare CORE
- Medicaid and Disability
- Medical Assistance Deductible Program
- Child Care and Energy Assistance
- Assisting individuals and families with clarification of their private insurance and HMO plans so that their benefits are
- Assisting and advocating with medical bills, liaison between medical/health care provider and
- Assisting with Social Security/Social Security Disability appeals and denials for children.
- Assisting and advocating with health care coverage which has been terminated or denied.
- Assisting and instructing individuals and families to access community programs which include:
- Food Shelves
- Women's Shelter
- WestCap Programs
- Transitional Housing
- Salvation Army